Friday, October 1, 2010

Portrait Assignment

This is my portrait of a stranger, I photographed a bartender at a club in his natural environment and I thought this picture turned out good, especially after I motion blurred his surroundings while keeping his body clear.

This is my favorite portrait from the assignment, I photographed my sister when I went home for the weekend. I incorporated both major aspects of her life, she loves sports (soccer and softball) and when she is not playing sports she is very girly and always wearing cute outfits.  I like the contrast in this photo because of all the greens and then her body sticks out and attention is drawn right to her.

This is my self portrait taken in my apartment before getting ready to go out one night, I like the effects I used in this picture because I wanted to use black and white but when I used that effect on the whole photo it washed me out, so I used the magnetic lasso tool in photoshop to inverse selection and make the background black and white so I can stick out a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment